Distant Horizons of Lands Long Forgotten and Tales Untold
This band of elite winter wolf riders are led by Aarne Iodi himself. At present there are just over a thousand of them, and they go where Aarne goes. Often feared more than respected, all manner of horror stories surround them.
Prestige Feat. Kinslayer is available as a prestige feat for qualified characters. To be inducted, one must 1.) be a fighter in Aarne's horde, 2.) prove themselves a cut above the rest in battle several times, 3.) be a master archer, 4.) be able to lift a 250 pound stone over their head, 5.) be able to hold their own in a melee with two Kinslayers, 6.) be able to tame a winter wolf, and most importantly 7.) kill a long-time battle companion in hand-to-hand combat. Extreme acts of abuse towards potential members is expected. This feat provides the following benefits as per the prestige feat leveling rules:
- First level: You gain one additional use of the Rage class ability as described in the barbarian class, even if you did not already have it.
- Third level: You have advantage on initiative checks.
- Fifth level: Your use of the Rage class ability does not end early as a result of having not attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then.
- Seventh level: While riding a creature, that creature's base speed is increased by 15 feet.
- Eleventh level: Any creature with 3 or greater Intelligence without the Kinslayer feat who can see you while you're raging must make a Wisdom saving throw (DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + (your level/2 – 5)) or be frightened of you until their next short rest. If a creature succeeds on its saving throw it is immune to this effect until its next long rest.